Friday, May 15, 2009

Another Year Older and Wiser too!!! Mia is 6!

I just can't believe it. I can't believe the little girl I brought home from the hospital is already 6 years old! The day Mia was born, I struggled to sleep. I wanted to stare at her - absorb her, smell her fuzzy head and skin and just take her in. But I was so tired. At some point within those first few days, weeks or months - Aunt Sue held baby Mia and looked at me and said “Can you believe that one day she’s going to be 5 or 6 years old and in kindergarten?” To which I replied...either “Bite your tongue” and “whatever - no way!” or something to that effect!

But now the time is here. She’s in Kindergarten and just turned 6 years old. My how time flies. And yet somethings never change. I still struggle to sleep and I still want to stare at her, absorb her, smell her soft hair and skin and just take her in!
These are almost all of her birthdays. I'm missing her 1st birthday in my digital files. I didn't have a digital then and wasn't convinced yet to pay extra for the CD...so I have instead included a picture of her and I that was taken in Utah when she was a year and 1 month old. She was very sick on her 5th birthday - hence the plastic bag lined bucket sitting next to her while doing what she loves most (drawing pictures).
In her 6 year career, she has already won 2 contests - The first being the Sesame Street Live coloring contest at age 3 1/2. And the 2nd being an entry into the IDEXX Dairy Farming Calendar for 2009 last year when she was only 5 (her picture is featured as the Month of August). She loves to share her talent at school. She draws pictures for her friends to color in. And continually helps her sister learn to excel in her own drawing skills.
She also loves to paint and paints a special picture for birthday gifts to the recipient.
She is currently a yellow belt in Shaolin Kempo Karate with a Red and Blue stripe (meaning she almost has all of her requirements for the next rank). She loves to swing in the 3 warmest seasons and eat snow in the coldest. She's learning to swim and will be a certified fish this summer I hope! She knows a ton of sign language (can't say fluent - that wouldn't be totally true)...and knows a little french, spanish and a few other languages (only in parts of songs). But she loves them all! Someday she wants to be a Veterinarian (and although she knows this term very well - she'd much prefer to say Animal Doctor most of the time)....and maybe someday a mom. She's excelling in all areas at school and is reading at a 2 1/5 grade level and loves the math works at school too! And she still "rises early, waking up my day!" I love you honey bear. Love Mommy!