Because I am a green belt, I wasn't ready to test with them since I still have more to learn at this level so I now test less often. Good for me - and as I thought bad for them. But they were happy as can be - ran into the test and didn't mind so much that mommy wasn't in there with them.
But to my absolute surprise - The 1 hour went by quickly - and neither of them needed me for anything. As soon as Travis arrived from work, we went inside and waited by the door to get a good spot for picture taking! Yes - again I was being neurotic! Travis would much rather stand all the way in the back and I would much rather be able to take a picture of my daughter's faces (or at least the sides of their faces) rather than the backs of someone elses head.
At the very end of the test - they stand in front position and talk for a minute about how well everyone did. Then they sit meditation style (criss cross applesauce with eyes closed) and "think about how they did on their test, think about anything they feel they need to work on, etc".
After the test - Elliot was so exhausted, she almost began to cry when she found out we were going home. We have always celebrated a test with a night out for dinner. Luckily, mommy had plan B in place and luckily Cousin Qwin & Carter mailed halloween Wendy's Frosty coupons to the girls and I stuck them in the car. So Elliot was rather happy and Mia too - that we were swinging by Wendy's on the way home for a celebration treat!!! Whew! Crisis averted. As quickly as the test went by, so did the evening. The girls slept really well and woke in the morning having forgotten they were now blue belts. To them it was just another class. I'm not sure we will test together again, if we do, it could be a while! But it was fun while it lasted. - k



