Now - I can't tell you the details of the test...that's a big no-no too! But what I can tell you is what happened during the test. When we arrived - the girls were totally freaked out with how many people were there. They were mostly nervous with all the adults in there - but I let them know they would all be in the back with me - and all the kids they are in class with - would be next to them! They were a little better when I got into the dojo and told them to start stretching. So they breathed a sigh of relief!
Once the test started, I was worried one of them would bust out crying and I wouldn't be allowed to comfort them. But that never happened. One Sensei picked the girls up to move them over - and they still never cried! Sensei's came down to their level to ask their names or correct something or whatever - and still no tears. At this point I was beaming with joy and gladness!
Around somekind of half way point, we were split up and I had to go outside to run. Sensei Troy asked me if I wanted to be called back in to take pictures of their belt ceremony (since they were going to finish before me)...and I said Travis was coming to do that...so then he asked me "do you want to come in then and be the mommy?" and with the biggest grin ever - I said yes. So I was off to run. After I finished my laps - it was time to come in and "be the mommy"...That's the first picture where I'm on the left. The girls were in meditation position and thinking about what they did well and what may need improvement and had their new belts in front of them and their eyes closed. I almost started crying I was so excited for them and proud of them. When they were told to open their eyes and get up on one knee, I almost did it too. (Habit I guess). Then they were asked to take off their old belts and put on the new belts. I knew they couldn't do it themselves...so I was looking to Sensei Troy to let me help them do that. He responded to my looks with the comment "OK Kerry - you can help them put their belts on - man she looks like a little puppy waiting for a treat". I couldn't have gotten over there faster...but dude - that was fun! Travis turned the flash off and they were running so fast up there and getting back - so things are a little blurry (he didn't want to disrupt everyone else with the flash!).
After I got my belt...we quickly got home so I could shower and dress (while Elliot fell asleep on Travis's lap) to go out to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. Great place (bad if you have Peanut allergies). The girls absolutely love the fact that you get to throw empty peanut shells on the floor (and eat from a barrel of endless peanuts). It was a really great day. It was long and grueling, but worth it all. It was a great chance to share that moment with the girls. I'm hopeful that we will be able to test together for my Blue with a Green stripe and them for their Orange...but after that - I'm not sure the timing will always work out the same. Until then - catch you on the flip side! k



